Today is Day 7 of Gwen Bell’s Best of 2009 Blog Challenge
Q: what was your blog find of the year?
A: This one is easy. In April ’09, Seth Godin wrote this tiny post. Not long after that, I discovered a huge community of really nice people (including Gwen Bell) who do really interesting things online.
My blog find of the year… Chris Guillebeau’s The Art Of Non-Conformity
Chris has become my role-model for doing things right online. In fact, it was his site that inspired me to start this one! It’s also beautifully designed.
Here’s a list of some things I love about/discovered through his blog:
- 279 Days To Overnight Success – this is the free PDF that Seth Godin linked to, and so it was my introduction to Chris’ writing. So helpful for someone starting a blog.
- Havi Brooks – there are only a few blogs that I read religiously, and Havi’s is one them.
- The Unconventional Guide To Art & Money – aside from being loaded with useful info about making a living as an artist, this introduced me to the work of at least a dozen amazing visual artists. 4 stars for this one.
- Why People Hate Marketers – I loved this article and I wish that everyone involved in selling anything online (which means all of my musician friends) would read it.
- Gwen Bell – you may be reading this post because you’re participating in Gwen’s blog challenge. I discovered Gwen through Chris’ site, too.
- How To Conduct Your Own Annual Review – this article really appealed to my geeky side. Oh my god. I think it’s because I’ve never had an office job – I’ve developed a fetish for all things office-y, like spreadsheets and “reviews.” Coincidentally, Chris just posted his 2009 Annual Review today! I’ll be carving out some time around Christmas to do my own review.