Core story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)
Honestly, I’m not sure what my core story is. I’ve shared a lot of stories this month, though. All together these stories must reveal something about me. Me in 2010, anyway.
I like lists. My About page is just a random list of things about me. So I’ll summarize with a list the stories I’ve shared over the past month of this #reverb10 challenge in the hopes that it will reveal some bigger theme about me.
- Since 2010 was all about output, in 2011 I’m going to do some sharpening.
- Morning routines make me really happy.
- I love Hall & Oates.
- I spend a lot of time mauling my cats.
- I worked on letting go of attachment this year.
- I made an album called Aloha Supreme.
- September 2010 marked my first full year of engaging with a community online.
- Sometimes I prefer to respond with music instead of words.
- Every year I celebrate Fake New Year’s on Dec 30th.
- I’ve started to speak up when I’m not okay with something. This is new.
- Among the things I’ll be eliminating in 2011: internet in the morning.
- I’m anti-strat, pro-tele.
- Every day I write down 3 projects, 5 actions per project, and my “top 3” before doing anything else.
- I’m so appreciative of these 23 people for supporting my music this year.
- My girlfriend is an awesome photographer, so I’m not lacking in photographic memories of 2010.
- Though this blog has opened me up a lot, I still keep a lot to myself.
- I actually like bookkeeping.
- In fact, I sort of have an office fetish.
- I spent one full day offline this month. Here’s why.
- I’m lucky to have footage of myself at 19 yrs old. Very educational.
- I visited about 40 cities this year for business and pleasure.
- Whenever I can, I try on a Superman costume.
- Music is the one thing that grounds me.
- I’m a foodie.
- I experience ordinary joy every day.
- Setting goals makes me happy.
- I got my driver’s license this year.
- I was really excited to give Ali light saber chopsticks for Christmas.
Special kudos to my friends Ali Berkok, Julie Wilson, Tara Laing and Elena Potter for participating in Reverb10 this month. It was like a crash course in getting to know you better. I loved reading your stories and I appreciate the time you took to read mine.